Friday, September 18, 2009

Dragon 379

The Art work I did for D&D's Dragon Magazine has gone live today! For these I got to work with Jon Schindehette, the Senoir AD at D&D. He is a great guy and a pleasure to work with. Here is a link to the spotlight he posted on his blog. ArtOrder: Friday 0918

You can find a preview of the actual issue here. Dragon Magazine Issue 379

Here are the images I did and clips from what they look like in the article. They appeared in an article for Dragon Magazine issue 379, titled Cleric Essentials: Wisdom of the Gods by Logan Bonner

6 comments:

Cordell said...

Sick dude!

Tora Stark said...

totally jealous. I got into art hoping to illustrate Magic cards and D&D books, but ended up with a really different style. beautiful pieces!

Ray Bonilla said...

yeah , the photo reference had to be epic for these babies , bravo Don Tyler

Tyler Jacobson said...

Ray, it was sooooooo epic. I had a 60 foot crane and a camera from the 1860s. I had to look through the view finder and sketched what I saw with an old half broken crow quill on cow hide. EPIC!


Oh yeah, and there were french horns.

Eric Johnson said...

I don't want to know what sick, blasphemous ritual you had to perform to summon those mummies. Only to set the timer on the camera and burn them to cinders. At least you had that pool nearby in case the event got out of control!

Excellent work, I really like your monster Dod's too!

Linda Olafsdottir said...

Awesome Tyler!!!!!